Monday, November 16, 2009

Tired of Chicken Nuggets


Christine is officially a toddler! Yay! No more baby food! However, I've found this to be a new challenge in my life. I want her to eat healthy and try new things. (although I am not opposed to chicken nuggets and mac n' cheese) Also, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that she can eat whatever we are eating, which means I eat a little healthier as well. And I'm tired of eating chicken and sandwiches and veggies, so I tried something new and it worked! (I LOVE when things work!)

I found a recipe in a baby cookbook for orzo pasta with peas and cheddar cheese. The picture looked good (don't you love pictures in cookbooks?) so I decided to try it. PLUS it said it was easy for toddlers to pick up with a spoon. It was super easy too. Boil the orzo according to package directions, during the last minute add frozen peas, drain, then add cheddar cheese. I was a little nervous about it because Christine doesn't like Mac n' Cheese (I know, she's weird) and this was sounding a little similar. Anyway, then you top with grated parm. AND Christine LOVED it and she was able to use her little spoon (which made me cry a little). You could just tell how proud she was! I even ate it (it was a little bland...so i recommend adding salt for adults), but it was a success, which made me feel successful! (it's the little things!)



Duke's position whenever Christine is eating

P.S. If anyone has anymore ideas for toddlers, please let me know!!

No comments: